For the split pea puree
500 grams of Natural Life Split Peas
2 medium onions, hoarsely sliced
1½ liters of water
1/4 cup olive oil
½ teaspoon Natural Life thyme
1 pinch of Natural Life Salt
For the garnish
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of vinegar
4-5 cherry tomatoes
Preparation: Place the split peas in a bowl, cover with water and leave them to soak for 30 minutes. Then drain the water.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a saucepan, add the onions and leave for 7-8 minutes to soften (without gaining colour).
- Add the split peas and water and stir until they come to a boil.
- Lower the heat, add the thyme and simmer.
- If foam forms on the surface, remove it.
- Let it simmer for about 50 minutes and refrain from stirring it.
- When it has almost “melted”, add the salt and blend it up.
- Garnish with olive oil, vinegar and cherry tomatoes.