- 1 ½ cups cooked Natural Life chickpeas
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 medium to large garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Natural Life sea salt
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of ice water
- ½ teaspoon Natural Life ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add the lemon juice, garlic and Natural Life salt to a blender. Blend until the garlic is very finely chopped, then let the mixture rest, ideally for 10 minutes or more.
- Add the tahini to the blender and blend until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- While the blender is running, add 2 tablespoons of ice water. Blend until the mixture is extremely smooth, soft and creamy. You may need to add 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra ice water.
- Add the cumin and the drained, well-cooked chickpeas to the blender. Pour in the olive oil and blend until the mixture is extremely smooth. Add more tablespoons of ice water if needed to achieve a super creamy texture.
- Taste and adjust the water, salt and herbs as needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl or serving dish and garnish with a little bit of olive oil and paprika.