Thai Black Rice Pudding with Banana and Coconut
2 cups Natural Life black rice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 400g tin coconut cream, reserving ¼ tin for serving
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted coconut to serve
- 1 lime to squeeze
- Place rice, salt, ginger, nutmeg, water and coconut milk in a medium pot. Bring to a simmer for 30 minutes. Add the coconut cream, sugar and chilli and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Serve warm with sliced banana, a drizzle of coconut cream, toasted coconut and a squeeze of lime.