460g of Natural Life chickpeas
1 medium onion finely chopped
4 large cloves of garlic
¾ cup fresh parsley
¾ cup fresh coriander
1 teaspoon Natural Life ground coriander
1 teaspoon of Natural Life ground cumin
1 teaspoon of Natural Life salt
1 teaspoon of Natural Life baking soda
¼ teaspoon Natural Life freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
½ cup sunflower oil
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water.
- The following day, drain the chickpeas and put them in a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the sunflower oil, and slowly mix the ingredients in the blender until they are finely chopped, but not completely smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the blender and form the patties, so that they have a uniform size and shape. This recipe produces about 42 small patties.
- Heat ¼ cup of sunflower oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When it becomes hot, add the patties, leaving about 1-2″ between them, cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer the fried patties to a paper towel-lined plate, and sprinkle each with a pinch of Natural Life salt.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!